The Mountain Heritage Trust (MHT), the Alpine Club, and the Mount Everest Foundation (MEF) are seeking a part-time Administrator and Online Media Co-ordinator to be based in the MHT office at the Blencathra Centre, near Threlkeld, Keswick.
The role will involve working with the Trustees and Collections Manager of MHT on administrative tasks, and taking responsibility for the online marketing of MHT, the Alpine Club and MEF.
The role is offered for 50 hours per month (40 hours/month for MHT and 10 hours/month for MEF, with potential for on-demand online marketing hours for the Alpine Club of 10-20 hours/month) at £10 per hour on a freelance basis. A more detailed job description can be found below.
For further information or an informal discussion about the role please contact Kelda Roe, Collections Manager, via email: email@example.com or telephone: 0770 913 5285
Applications including a covering letter and CV should be sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 2nd July 2017.
- Promotion of collections, events and organisational activities through online marketing (MHT, Alpine Club, and MEF)
- Assisting the Collections Manager and Trustees with administrative tasks (MHT only)
- Logging and answering enquiries (MHT only)
- Press and marketing support through production of a quarterly e-newsletter (MHT only) and drafting of magazine articles and press releases (MHT, Alpine Club and MEF)
- Uploading articles and information to websites (MHT and MEF)
- Minute taking and report circulation for quarterly Trustees meetings (MHT only)
- Assisting with fundraising events and lectures (MHT and MEF)
- Supporting collaborations with the British Mountaineering Council, National Trust and related organisations (MHT only)
- Liaising with volunteers (MHT only)
- Any other reasonable administrative or promotional activities
- Some travel will be required to attend MHT events and board meetings so access to own transport is highly desirable
|Strong IT skills and confident user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), email and internet||Essential|
|Strong organisation and prioritisation skills||Essential|
|Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation and writing skills||Essential|
|Strong note-taking skills||Essential|
|Self motivated and ability to work to own initiative||Essential|
|Trustworthy and reliable||Essential|
|Ability to learn and take instruction||Essential|
|Confident user of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram||Essential|
|Experience of website and/or social media management (a willingness to develop these skills is essential)||Desirable|
|Interest in the outdoors and a basic knowledge of mountain culture and history, with a willingness to actively develop knowledge of mountain history||Essential|