This post has now been filled, please keep an eye on our website and social media for details of future roles with the Mountain Heritage Trust.
The Mountain Heritage Trust (MHT), the heritage arm of the British Mountaineering Council, is a non-profit charity established in 2000 to record and preserve Britain’s rich heritage in the fields of climbing, mountaineering and mountain culture. Second to none in terms of breadth, Britain has a proud legacy in the Alps, the Himalaya and the other great mountain ranges as well as closer to home on British rock. Pioneers in techniques from the earliest days, Britain’s climbers and mountaineers have also led the way in preservation and conservation of traditions, culture and mountain heritage.
We are looking for a new Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees to help guide and advise us on the financial health of the Trust. Responsibilities are outlined below:
• Maintain an overview of the Trust’s financial affairs and ensure its financial viability
• Ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained
• Liaise with the Accounts Department at the British Mountaineering Council for details of cash flow, income and expenditure to support current and projected accounts information
• Ensure that the Trust complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
• Provide financial guidance on new initiatives and advise on the financial implications of the Trust’s strategic plans
• Make a formal presentation of the accounts at quarterly board meetings and at the end of the year for audit purposes in a coherent and easily understandable way, and advising on the corrective action that may be required when difficulties arise
• Be available to attend at three out of four meetings each year of our Trustee Board.
• Be able to spend time in between meetings reviewing and acting on financial information and data
• Be available to occasionally meet with the Chair of the Trustees at a mutually convenient time
• Have a willingness to work as a team, and actively participate in discussions that relate to the running of the Trust’s financial affairs
• Commitment to the Trust
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
• Strategic vision
• Good, independent judgement
• Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• Have financial qualifications and/or experience of financial management and reporting
• Be keen to support the conserving of the UK’s mountain heritage.
For further information or an informal discussion about the role please contact Ms Terry Tasker, MHT Chair of Board, via email – email@example.com or telephone – 01653 696738.
Applications including a covering letter and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org